Friday, May 27, 2011

The Year of The Movie Star

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
~Winnie the Pooh
What a year it was! 
We went on more field trips than I have ever been on with a class, Mrs. Woodard and I put together a successful proposal which we presented to the district for INCREDIBLE new technology and 21st century learning opportunities, several students received national recognition for academic accomplishments, several more students won local and/or statewide academic contests and we all laughed, made friends, had fun and learned a lot. 
I posted 119 times on my classroom blog, which was something brand new to me this year. I was hesitant to start a website of any sort and I am so glad I did! We now have a permanent record of the amazing 2010-2011 school year. The blog will be archived so you and/or your child can look back at what we did in 1st or 2nd grade. Speaking of which, as I think all of you know, this will be my final year with a multi-grade class. What began as a self-contained Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade class only four years ago, now has enough enrollment to create two separate classes (both already full!), with the many gifted Kindergarten students at Sonoran Sky being serviced in a cluster class. 
The 2010-2011 school year was an incredible one for me, and I will never forget it. Each student played a special role and brought something important to the class. This was a class of eager learners, high achievers and students who were kind, generous, funny and sweet. This was the highest group of math students I have ever worked with and overall the class was incredibly tech savvy. I couldn't have asked for a better bunch! 
Thanks so much to YOU, all the parents who were so unbelievably supportive all year. This is truly a year I will remember forever, with the fondest of memories. As exciting as the idea of summer break always is, I always feel bittersweet at the end of a school year. I cherish the final moments with each student, knowing the next time I will see them they will be older, wiser, taller and just a little bit different. Thank you all for an incredible school year!
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss







No comments:

Post a Comment