Sunday, May 15, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week - THANK YOU!

If the students had a "razzle dazzle year" I certainly had a razzle dazzle week! It started off by finding this adorable bulletin board decorated with personal sentiments from each student hanging outside the classroom. Tuesday I was treated to a delicious lunch from Pei Wei which contained so much food I managed to get three meals out of it! I dug in too quickly to remember to snap a picture. Whoops!
This is a photo of the lovely flowers from the class and...
...the thoughtful gift basket loaded with all my favorite candies - jelly beans, licorice and chocolate. Oh my! I loved reading all the personal thank you notes from each student as well. 
On Thursday I received an incredibly generous gift card to the Apple store and a promise for a Part II of my blog in a book. I have already been drooling over the Apple website trying to decide what to purchase.
Of course Sonoran Sky's fabulous PTO also took care of all the teachers as well with treats from Starbucks, an unbelievable homemade lunch and a really professional looking new staff shirt, which I am eager to wear!
This has been an incredible year and I am already feeling a little sad at the thought of it ending. Every single student has been special and important to the class, and I think this year was the most supportive group of parents yet! So thank YOU for all your support of me, the school and your student all year! Please don't forget next Friday, May 20 is the Volunteer Appreciation breakfast. All parent (and grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc.) volunteers are invited to the media center at 8:00am for breakfast. Childcare for current Sonoran Sky students will be provided on the Kindergarten playground during this event. I hope to see you there!

Funny Outtakes:
When I was trying to take a nice picture of this lovely gift, some of my dogs just would not get out of the way! The pictures made me chuckle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment